Sunday, February 17, 2013

While you were out...

it's been a while.

I have struggled with the purpose of this blog. Why write about yourself?? to prove to the world how narcissistic one can be? Hence the radio silence. As I reread through some of my previous entries, it became very clear to me that this was not only a way to keep in touch with so many important people in my life, but more importantly, a way for me to organize my thoughts and feelings. Feelings can be quite a messy affair, indeed. 

Much has happened in the nearly ten month lapse since my last post. As was mentioned last May, Kadan left on a business trip to Germany that will continue until June of this year, at which point he'll be relocating to a more exciting destination. I have taken up residence in Spartanburg, South Carolina and am becoming more of the charming Southern Belle I was destined to be. FALSE. I talk about poop far more than anyone needs to or should. Oh well... there are a few areas in my life that might require a little more refining. 

inadequacy

Upon matriculation at Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine, aka, VCOM, I wrestled with being inadequate. I was convinced that a career in medicine would be a stretch, a struggle, and would be a game of survivor. Could I make it to the next block of curriculum? It turns out that saying "Jumping in with both feet" in reference to medical school is actually a euphemism a for jaw rattling, skin searing belly flop into the deep end of never ending school work and study. But this is not a place for me to list my woes on the hardship of the INCREDIBLE BLESSING TO BE IN SCHOOL AND GETTING AN EDUCATION THAT MOST PEOPLE ARE NOT AFFORDED THE OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE. i'm not sure i constructed that sentence good. anyway... the point is, that after failing my first test... ever... God showed me what it meant to be dedicated to school. He was forcing me to commit 100% to the career path that I've chosen. (My future patients should thank Him.) After a month or two feeling totally inadequate and wondering why the Lord would have chosen me to be here, I started to see the ways that He had prepared me exceptionally for this trial. 

a best friend visit can change everything.

At the end of September, ol' Al Pal came to visit. it was the bomb. I was so blessed by her being here! I know so many others would love to come and visit also, but the fact that she was willing to take some days off of work in order to be here was incredible. I AM BLESSED TO HAVE HER. So is Alan... I'll remind him of that. Also, we flattened pennies on the railroad tracks and i felt like the world's best urban mom.

Coated in White, D. O.


Mom and Pops
That's right. It's in white. As a reward for making it through your first block in medical school, students are awarded their official "white coat." My wonderful parents DROVE down from NY to be here!! I was also so pleased to have my sister, broseph and niece in attendance.
My roommate Mia
C-money, A man, Gav.


out on a limb, up on a rock.

I started going to the local climbing gym in October. I love the climbing gym. God has given me a wonderful place to be myself, to enjoy the company of others and to do something I love. It is a wonderful respite from the daily drudgery and my life here would be (and was) sorely lacking without it's presence. I am SO thankful for the AMAZING people God has blessed me with. Have I said that enough, yet??? Such a truly amazing place with amazing people amazing amazing wonderful the best blessed so great how do i describe it amazing. Bah! God is good. He's made some pretty cool people and I'm so glad I can call them my buddies. I'm learning a lot...

the BEST Christmas gifts

K$ came home for Christmas... we experienced life as a married couple again, and i was reminded of how much I love him. He is one of the coolest dudes I've ever seen. Beautiful, quippy, smart, reserved, and boy can he encourage. I'm learning to appreciate things I didn't know about him... ie- somewhere along the line, he became very sensitive and loving. There is something SO special and precious about being on the receiving end of love and from a person who shows emotion to so few. I tell you what, the heart can only take so much. Each time we say "adios" it's as if my heart ruptures again and again and it gushes. then nothing. stone. no feeling. this is our life now.

Dear sweet romeo treated me to a photo shoot for Christmas...don't be fooled by our grimaces... we're quite pleased to be here. I promise. 

hostess with the mostest???

My buddy Ben from the gym has given me the opportunity to show love by hosting his fiancee, Anna,  for the weekend. It is amazing. I wish we could spend more time chatting! She will be moving to Sburg soon and it will be so nice to have her here! I'm so pleased that I could show hospitality and that a friend of a few weeks would feel comfortable to ask me. HOW GREAT. I've always wanted to have one of those houses where there is always a place for someone to crash. Letting people into my life, and others letting me into theirs is so special. 




The literary eloquence has dropped off significantly since the start of this post, but alas, I'm tired, and who really cares???

So to sum upppppp:
We moved around again
school started, Dr. bound---heyoooo
bestie came for a visit
parents came for a visit
climbing changed my life... or rather... my friends did
kadan. hearts hurting/wonderful love
Love through hospitality

So thankful for how God sustains me through these times with amazing family and amazing friends.. AND so thankful that He doesn't reveal His plan to us all at once.



1 comment:

  1. God's doing such amazing things with you Sara! What a testimony you are of Him. You shine with the beauty He gave you and I'm so blessed to even just hear about your life on here. I'm so proud of you. Keep up the hard work, the trusting in God, the allowing yourself to feel love and hurt, and being open to the incredible things God has for those who are willing to be used of Him.
    LOVE YOU! and miss you.

    ReplyDelete